Welcome to Kindergarten Soccer!
Kindergarten soccer is all about the kids having fun while learning basic soccer skills, teamwork and good sportsmanship. We do not keep score and do not play goalies. We want players to have fun without a lot of pressure. All coaches use great activities provided by our Director of Coaching. Our job as parents and spectators is to cheer them on, enjoy the play and bring popsicles. It may sound odd to have popsicles at 10:00 in the morning but that is what many kids look forward to the most
Players will hear from their coaches at the end of August. Players remain on the same team for the fall and spring.
** No make-up games will be played; if a game is cancelled due to weather it will be posted here: Weekend Field Status by 7:30 a.m.
• A responsible adult is required to stay with his/her child for the duration of the practice/game. This is not a drop-off event.
• Team t-shirts and shin guards are provided and should be used for the fall 2013 and spring 2014 seasons. Coaches will distribute shirts and shin guards prior to the first game.
• Soccer socks must be worn over shin guards
• Cleats are recommended but not required.
• Players should bring a water bottle they can easily identify.
• Please clear all trash from the fields.
• No dogs are allowed on the Sheehan School fields.
• Players remain on the same team for the fall and spring.
• You do not need to re-register for the spring.
• Coaches will inform you of your assigned popsicle duty.
*** Spectators should sit behind the goals at either end of the field. Team players sit with their coaches on the sidelines.
Parking is limited to certain areas on Pond Street, Oak Street, and surrounding neighborhood streets. Cars are not allowed to park on both sides of Pond Plain Road or Greenacre Road for any reason. Please try to carpool or walk if possible.
The spring 2014 season begins the first Saturday in April and runs for 8 weeks into June. We do not play the day of the Little League Parade (date TBA), or on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend. A schedule will be sent by coaches prior to the start of the season.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. I am looking forward to an enjoyable season!
Kindergarten Soccer Coordinator