Welcome to Westwood Kindergarten Soccer!
Spring Season: The Spring season begins on April 6th and ends on June 8th. All games are played at the Sheehan School from 8:45 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
(**Please note there will be NO KINDERGARTEN SOCCER on April 27th because of the Westwood Little League Parade. NO SOCCER on May 25th, Memorial Day Weekend)
** No make-up games will be played. If a game is cancelled due to weather it will be posted here: Weekend Field Status by 7:30 am.
Kindergarten soccer is
all about the kids having fun while learning basic soccer skills, teamwork, and
good sportsmanship. We do not keep score and do not play goalies. We want the
players to have fun without a lot of pressure. Our job as parents is to cheer
them on, support them, bring popsicles and enjoy the play. Sounds weird to have
popsicles at 10:00 in the morning but this is what some kids look forward to
- A responsible adult is required to stay with his/her child. This is not a drop off event.
- Shin guards are required and will be provided along with team t-shirts. T-shirts and shin guards will be distributed by your coach, as soon as the t-shirts arrive (some time after Labor Day).
- Cleats are recommended but not required.
- Soccer socks must be worn over shin guards.
- Players should bring a water bottle they can easily identify.
- Please pick up any trash left of the field.
- No dogs are allowed on the Sheehan School Fields during play.
- Coaches will inform you of your assigned popsicle duty.
Parking: Parking is limited to certain areas on Pond Street, Oak Street, and surrounding neighborhood streets. Cars ARE NOT ALLOWED to park on both sides of Pond Plain Road or Green Acre Road for any reason. Try to carpool or walk if possible.
What: 20 teams of kindergartners playing soccer and having lots of fun!
When: Saturday mornings from 8:45-10:00 a.m.
Practice begins promptly at 8:45 a.m. Games are held immediately following practice from 9:25-9:55 a.m.
Where: Sheehan Elementary School
***Spectators should sit behind the goals at either end
of the field. Coaches and team players sit on the sidelines between
8:45-8:55 a.m. - Setup/Warm-up
8:50 a.m. - 1st whistle begin drill
9:23 a.m. - 2nd whistle end drills - water break, prepare for game
9:25 a.m. - 3rd whistle - begin game
9:55 a.m. - 4th whistle - end game, shake hands, pass out popsicles
Please feel free to
contact us with any questions and concerns.
We look forward to an enjoyable and fun soccer season!
All the best,
Joy Hurley & Jeff Hurley
Co-Coordinators Westwood Kindergarten Soccer