Hello Westwood Youth Soccer Kindergarten
soccer is all about the kids having fun while learning basic soccer
skills, teamwork, and good sportsmanship. We do not keep score and do
not play goalies. We want players to have fun without a lot of
pressure. All coaches use great activities provided by our Director of
Coaching. Our job as parents and spectators is to cheer them on, enjoy
the play, and bring popsicles. It may sound odd to have popsicles at
9:00 in the morning but that is what many kids look forward to the most.
Players will hear from their coaches by the end of August. Players usually remain on the same team for the fall and spring. ** No make-up games will be played. If a game is canceled due to weather it will be posted here: Weekend Field Status by 7:30 am.
Fall Season: The fall season runs from September 10, 2016 until October 29, 2016.
Spring Season: The spring season starts April 8 and runs until early June.
Kindergarten soccer will be played at the SHEEHAN fields (510 Pond Street) on Saturdays from 8:15-9:30 am.
Each Saturday session combines a soccer skills/drills period followed by a 4v4 scrimmage game.
- A responsible adult is required to stay with his/her child for the duration of the practice/game. This is not a drop-off event.
t-shirts and shin guards are provided to all players and should be used
for the Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 seasons. Coaches will distribute
shirts and shin guards prior to the first game.
- Soccer socks must be worn over shin guards.
- Cleats are recommended but not required.
- Players should bring a water bottle they can easily identify.
- Please clear all trash from the fields at the conclusion of the game.
- No dogs are allowed on the Sheehan School fields.
- You do NOT need to re-register for the spring season.
- Coaches will inform you of your assigned popsicle duty.
** Team players sit with their coaches on the sidelines. Spectators sit on the opposite side of the marked field ONLY.
Parking for the Sheehan field is limited to certain areas on Pond Street, Oak Street, and surrounding neighborhood streets. Cars
are not allowed to park on both sides of Pond Plain Road or Greenacre
Road for any reason. Please try to carpool or walk if possible. We look forward to a great year of Kindergarten Soccer!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Joanna BlaneyWYS Kindergarten Coordinatorkindergarten@westwoodsoccer.org