Welcome to Second Grade Soccer!
Second Grade Mites Soccer players are encouraged to continue building their skills without the pressure of score keeping. We don’t keep track of goals and there are no goal keepers. Basic soccer skills are still the focus at second grade including dribbling with changes of direction and trying to control the ball to dribble away from pressure and beat an opponent. Passing and shooting techniques are also developed. The activities used are listed on this page below and have been developed by the Director of Coaching. We are building soccer skills, good sportsmanship, and having fun.
Fall Season: The fall season runs from September 10, 2016 until November 12, 2016.
Spring Season: Spring seasons start in early April and run until early June.
- On Westwood Day Saturday 9/24/2016, instead of regular games on the Sheehan, our Coach Mentoring group PROformance Soccer will run 75 minute soccer skills clinics at the new DEERFIELD School field!
- Clinics will run at the regular time slot for 2nd Grade Girls and another for 2nd Grade Boys
Re-registration for the spring season is NOT required as the 2nd Grade soccer program is a full-year program. Players usually remain on the same team for the fall and spring.
2nd Grade soccer will be played at the SHEEHAN fields (510 Pond Street) on Saturdays. See Parking Note.
- Girls play from 11:30 am to 12:45 pm
- Boys play from 2:30 pm to 3:45 pm
Each Saturday session combines a soccer skills/drills period followed by a 4v4 scrimmage game.
No make-up games will be played. If a game is canceled due to weather it will be posted here: Weekend Field Status by
Parking for the Sheehan field is limited
to certain areas on Pond Street, Oak Street, and surrounding neighborhood
streets. Cars are not allowed to park on
both sides of Pond Plain Road or Greenacre Road for any reason. Please try to carpool or walk if possible.
- Grade 2 Mites Soccer is not a drop-off activity. A responsible adult must stay with the player for the duration of the practice/game.
- Colored team t-shirts are provided. Same Shirts and Teams will be used for the Spring Season - No re-registration required.
- Shin guards and soccer socks that cover the shin guards are required.
- Cleats are optional but recommended.
- Players should bring a labeled reusable water bottle to each game.
- No dogs allowed on any of the Westwood Fields.
- Players sit with their teams on the sidelines. Parents sit on the opposite side of the field.
- Please pick up trash on field at the conclusion of the game.
Please feel free to contact me with
any questions or suggestions to make the 2016-2017 season successful. Please email
me at: email@example.com.
I look forward to a great soccer season.
See you on the fields!
Second Grade Soccer Coordinator
Schedule: Girls Schedule Boys Schedule
Weekly Warm Ups