Welcome to First Grade Soccer!
First Grade Mites Soccer players are encouraged to build their skills without the pressure of score keeping. We don’t keep track of goals and there are no goal keepers. Coaches begin with a practice focusing on the skills of dribbling, changing the direction of the ball, and passing. The activities used are listed on this page below and have been developed by the Director of Coaching. We are building skills, good sportsmanship, and having fun.
Fall Season: The fall season runs from September 10, 2016 until November 12, 2016.
- On Westwood Day Saturday 9/24/2016, instead of regular games on the Sheehan, our Coach Mentoring group PROformance Soccer will run 75 minute soccer skills clinics at the new DEERFIELD School field!
- Clinics will run at the regular time slot for 1st Grade Girls and another for 1st Grade Boys
Spring Season: The spring season starts April 8, 2017 until June 10, 2017. Games will be scheduled for the Memorial Day weekend.
- On Saturday 4/29, the day of the Little League parade, instead of regular games on the Sheehan, our Coach Mentoring group PROformance Soccer will run soccer skills clinics!
- Clinics will start after the parade. Time and location TBD
Re-registration for the spring season is NOT required as the 1st grade soccer program is a full-year program. Players usually remain on the same team for the fall and spring.
1st Grade soccer will be played at the SHEEHAN fields (510 Pond Street) on Saturdays. See Parking Note.
- Girls play from 10:00 am to 11:15 am
- Boys play from 1:00 pm to 2:15 pm
Each Saturday session combines a soccer skills/drills period followed by a 4v4 scrimmage game.
No make-up games will be played. If a game is canceled due to weather it will be posted here: Weekend Field Status by 7:30 am.
Parking for the Sheehan field is limited to certain areas on Pond Street, Oak Street, and surrounding neighborhood streets.
are NOT allowed to park on both sides of Pond Plain Road or Greenacre
Road for any reason. Please try to carpool or walk if possible.
1 Mites Soccer is not a drop-off activity. A responsible adult must
stay with the player for the duration of the practice/game.
- Colored team t-shirts are provided. Same Shirts and Teams will be used for the Spring Season - No re-registration required.
- Shin guards and soccer socks that cover the shin guards are required.
- Cleats are optional but recommended.
- Players should bring a labeled reusable water bottle to each game.
- No dogs allowed on any of the Westwood Fields except registered Service Animals.
- Players sit with their teams on the sidelines. Parents sit on the opposite side of the field.
- Please pick up trash on field at the conclusion of the game.
We look forward to a great year of First Grade Soccer!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
See you on the fields!
First Grade Soccer Coordinator
| Week 1
| Week 2
| Week 3
| Week 4
| Week 5
| Week 6
| Week 7
| Week 8