Fall Season: The fall season begins on September 7, 2013 and runs for 10 weeks through November 9, 2013.
Spring Season: The spring season begins the first Saturday in April 2014. You do not need to re-register for the Spring season.
Teams will be released at the end of August. Unlike Kindergarten, boys and girls have their own teams. Coaches will contact you with team information regarding t-shirts, schedule, and popsicle duties.
· All games are played at the Deerfield School, 72 Deerfield Ave.
· Girls play Saturday mornings at 9:15-10:15 a.m.
· Boys play Saturday mornings at 12:00-1:00 p.m.
No make-up games will be played. If a game is cancelled due to weather it will be posted on the Westwood Youth Soccer website under Weekend Field Status by 7:30 a.m.
First Grade Mites Soccer players are encouraged to build their skills without the pressure of score keeping. We don’t keep track of goals and there are no goal keepers. Coaches begin with a practice focusing on the skills of dribbling, changing the direction of the ball and passing. All activities coaches will use are listed on this page below and have been developed by the Director of Coaching. We are building skills, good sportsmanship and having fun.
· Grade 1 Mites Soccer is not a drop-off activity. A responsible adult must stay with the player for the duration of the practice/game.
· Players will get a team shirt before the beginning of the fall season. This will be his/her uniform shirt for the fall and spring seasons.
· Shin guards and soccer socks are required. Shin guards were provided in kindergarten; you may use those or choose to get another pair.
· Cleats are optional but recommended.
· Players should bring a labeled water bottle to each game.
· No dogs allowed on Westwood Fields.
· Players sit with their teams on the sidelines.
· Please pick up trash on field at the conclusion of the game.
We look forward to a great year! Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. See you on the fields!
Jim and Erica Buza
First Grade Mites Coordinators