Spring Season begins April 9, 2016 and runs through June 11, 2016.
Games will NOT be played on the Saturday of the Little League Baseball Parade .
However we will have a Soccer Clinic on that day. (times and location to follow)
Re-registration for the spring season is NOT required as the 1st grade soccer program is a full-year program.
All games this Spring will be played at the SHEEHAN fields (510 Pond Street) on Saturdays: See Parking Note.
- Girls play from 9:30 am to 10:45 am
- Boys play from 12:30 pm to 1:45 pm
No make-up games will be played. If a game is canceled due to weather it will be posted here: Weekend Field Status by 7:30 am.
Parking for the Sheehan field is limited to certain areas on Pond Street, Oak Street, and surrounding neighborhood streets.
are NOT allowed to park on both sides of Pond Plain Road or Greenacre
Road for any reason. Please try to carpool or walk if possible.
Grade Mites Soccer players are encouraged to build their skills without
the pressure of score keeping. We don’t keep track of goals and there
are no goal keepers. Coaches begin with a practice focusing on the
skills of dribbling, changing the direction of the ball and passing.
All activities coaches will use are listed on this page below and have
been developed by the Director of Coaching. We are building skills,
good sportsmanship and having fun.
1 Mites Soccer is not a drop-off activity. A responsible adult must
stay with the player for the duration of the practice/game.
- Same Shirts and Teams for the Spring Season - No re-registration required.
- Shin guards and soccer socks that cover the shin guards are required.
- Cleats are optional but recommended.
- Players should bring a labeled reusable water bottle to each game.
- No dogs allowed on any of the Westwood Fields.
- Players sit with their teams on the sidelines. Parents sit on the opposite side of the field.
- Please pick up trash on field at the conclusion of the game.
We look forward to a great year of First Grade Soccer!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
See you on the fields!